Monday, July 30, 2007

My First Fourth : Part 1

I know this is hard to believe, but I've managed to miss the festivities of the fourth of July every summer before now. I have never seen the island so alive and jubilant. The celebration started on the 1st and ended on the 8th. One week of games, food, a parade, a dance, a mini-marathon, and several other activities. Sadly work restricted the number of events that we could all attend, but I managed to get some good shots of the parade and field games for the kids.

The parade was lead by the ambulance, consisted of the fourth of July royalty (king, queen, prince, princess, etc) and a hodge-podge of vehicles, including the largest dump truck on the island. All told, I think at least half of the population was in the parade. I even got scooped up onto the front of someone's four-wheeler half way through. Miracle of miracles, the weather was warm-ish and sunny that day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home